About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lifesize ED-209 Build: Parts 5 and 6

Here's the fifth installment in the Building Up to Maker Faire series in which I explain some of the techniques involved in rotocasting:


As always, I wrote an article to accompany the video:
http://makezine.com/2014/05/01/building-up-to-maker-faire-shawn-thorsson-brings-ed-209-to-life-part-5-rotocasting/

Then I neglected my blog for a couple of weeks and they put up part 6:


Which I wrote an article about:
http://makezine.com/2014/05/16/building-up-to-maker-faire-shawn-thorsson-brings-ed-209-to-life-part-6-assembly-and-painting/

Sooner or later, there will be videos showing the finished piece as well as a whole host of photos.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. I'm a dedicated lurker but feel I must break my silence just this once. FANTASTIC WORK. You sir, are an inspiration. I bow before your dazzling magnificence.

    Regards
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've absolutely love watching this build with my two boys. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete