About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Recent UFO Sightings in the Workshop

Here's the latest collection of UnFinished Objects I've been working on in the shop...

First up, I've decided to make myself a replica of the Ironman Mk2 and Mk3 costumes as seen in the first Ironman movie.  Most of the work is being done by Lopez the Robot Whittler and Jarvis, my new Objet 30 Pro 3D printer.  Here's the right shin and boot parts:
Calf Assembled

While the robots are making my Ironman parts, I've pulled out some spare parts I had lying around and started working on another character from Red vs. Blue, Agent Washington.  I've been taking tons of pictures of this build along the way, so expect a very detailed step-by-step description of the assembly process soon.  For now, here's the helmet in it's base color:
Helmet Base Color

In between more serious projects, Jenny from the dock has been stopping by from time to time to help tinker in the workshop.  Somewhere along the way, we decided to encase her in carbonite.  Here's a shot of the project in progress:
Jen Comparison

While all of that's been going on, I've also been working on more Combat Garden Gnomes to add to the lineup.  Here's the Heavy Machine Gunner sculpt that I finished the other day:
HMG Gnome Sculpted

The gun in question is the M2HB .50cal machine gun, which I printed out on the 3D printer:
Gnome Scale M2HB 50cal

On the subject of Combat Gnomes, I've finished the first Minesweeper gnome.
Minesweeper Gnome 47

I'll be writing about all of these projects separately over the next several days, so stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Wow Mr. Thorsson you were already amazing. Now that you have that 3D printer you should easily take over the world.

    Hollywood should get a load of you.

    Dave McBride
    Montreal, Canada

    ReplyDelete