About Me

My photo
I make toys for kids who don't want to grow up. I'm on the lookout for new projects. If you're interested in commissioning me to build something ridiculous, shoot me an email.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Suddenly My Hobbies Seem Harmless and Inexpensive

I spend a lot of crazy money building and doing a lot of crazy things.  Still, I don't think I'll ever be able to compete with Steve Eves of Maryland.  The man built a 1/10th scale model of a Saturn V rocket.  When he finished it, it was over four stories tall and weighed well over a ton. 

Then he launched it!


Check out the video:



You may have noticed a few things wrong with the rocket.  Primarily, it's only a single stage.  He's fixing that with his follow-on project: a 1/9th scale Saturn 1B rocket.  What's more: there's another maker named Vern Hoag who has also started building the same project.  You can see pictures of both builds at ROCKETS Magazine

Right now it looks lik  Steve is way ahead of the game.  This is a bit of a bummer, because I'd really love to see them both launch at once.  Hooray for rocket races!

I like knowing there are guys like them out there.  It makes me feel like I fit in somewhere.

Now I just need to keep talking myself out of building a V1 buzzbomb...

 .

No comments:

Post a Comment